Undergraduate Student Hourlies
- Limited to 20 hours per week during the academic year and 40 hours per week during breaks and when classes are not in session
- NOTE: Pay for an hourly employee is based on actual hours worked and reported. Student hourly employees are required to report actual hours worked daily, generally via web clock. For assistance adjusting your reported time (i.e., you forgot to clock-in/out), send Ramia an email with the correct time.
- Limited to 29 hours per week in all combined appointments
Students funded by Federal Work Study
- May work up to 30 hours per week WHEN funded by federal work study
Non-benefits eligible staff
- Appointment limits are at the discretion of the department. State of Kansas policy states that temp staff may only work up to 999 hours per calendar year. Non-benefits eligible staff become ACA eligible after working 1000 hours in a 12 month measurement period
Non-benefits eligible faculty
- Appointment limits are at the discretion of the department. non-benefits eligible faculty become ACA eligible after working 1560 hours in a 12 month measurement period.
Please note: Failure by hourly employees to accurately report actual hours worked or falsification of hours worked for ACA purposes will be reviewed to determine if there may be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Related policies and documents: