- Approval to travel, including estimated budget and funding source
- Verify there are funds remaining in your Grant*** | GRF | IFA | Start-Up etc.
- Complete Travel Authorization Worksheet
- Follow these instructions to login and access the form.
- Note: Have the following information ready
- Who: Travelers, attendees, participants
- What: Conference (agenda with name, location, dates, time, meals provided); Non-Conference (a brief statement of the business purpose)
- When: Travel dates. (note: It helps to have the time of departure and return in order to calculate per-diem, but it's not required for form)
- Where: Travel Destination
- Why: Detailed statement of business purpose such as: conference, research, recruitment, field camp/trip, etc.
- How: Automobiles, Airfare
- For STUDENTS traveling INTERNATIONALLY, complete the Student Travel Registry
- Request a Cash Advance Worksheet at least 28 days prior to travel (as needed)
- Work with SSC Staff to book airfare, registration, rental car, etc.
The SSC will email you a travel authorization number as soon as one is created. Within this email, they will verify the destination and funding along with a list of what is needed for reimbursement after travel. A complete list of these items can been found here.
***Research Funds need to have the following before travel***
- Per Diem Exception Form completed and signed by all parties PRIOR to travel and sent to the SSC
- The PI must provide emailed endorsement of travel approval and funding for student travelers or other faculty who are not PIs on grant.