Lindley, Ritchie, Slawson Halls Lab Policy:
- Follow the lab safety manual procedures highlighted on the EHS Webpage.
- NO OPEN TOE SHOES!
- DO NOT WEAR LAB COATS OR GLOVES OUTSIDE THE LAB!
- Labs are PRIVATE and all users must have permission to be in a lab
- Doors must NEVER be propped open or left unsecured
- NEVER walk through a lab without a purpose (no passing through)
- For tours, you MUST have prior approval from the lab manager or PI before accessing the lab.
- Consequences for not abiding by safe lab practices will be removal of access and/or being banned from the labs
- Because there are multiple labs in one area, each floor should have a list of hazards in a centralized location (i.e. the cloud) so all users know what is around them. Talk to your advisor/lab manager on where this document is located.
- The custodians DO NOT clean lab spaces. It is up to the lab users to take their trash to the dumpster outside of Slawson and to keep their space cleaned/sanitized.
Important Documents regarding labs
- Lab Safety Manual
- Faculty members and Lab Managers - it is your responsibility to make sure your students and others in your lab(s) understand the lab safety protocols.
- Report any person who is not abiding by the safety rules to Ramia so she can remove their access to the labs.
- Hazardous Materials/Waste Management Manual
- Hazardous Chemical/Materials/Waste form (pdf)
- Accident Report form - 1101a (pdf)
- EHS Policies
- COVID Policy for EEEC
- COVID Policy for Lindley
Access to Labs
- Make sure your faculty advisor or the lab manager has confirmed your lab safety training
- The faculty member and/or lab manager will email Ramia stating it's ok for so-in-so to have access
- This policy applies to everyone on campus to include faculty and staff. Just becuase someone is a faculty member in chemistry or whatever dept. does not mean, he/she/they will have access to the EEEC labs. Prior approval from the lab owner is a must!
Information on the Labs within the EEEC
Lab Safety Committee Members
Ramia Whitecotton - Facility Manager
Scott Ramskill - Chemical and Petroleum Engineering/TORP
Jeffrey Worth - Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
David Mechem - Tentative Rep Geography & Atmospheric Science
David Fowle - Tentative Rep for Environmental Studies
Noah McLean - Geology
Marina Suarez - Geology