Q: Who do I contact for            ?
A: Click here to view staff contact information and a list of who to contact for specific items.


Q: How do I obtain a parking permit for a visitor?
A: Send the following information to the Admin Assistant for Undergraduates (temporarily Xoe or Ally) 48 hours PRIOR to the guest's arrival to campus:

  • Purpose of visit (e.g., giving talk to students in EVRN 142)
  • Expected time of arrival and departure
  • Visitor name
  • Visitor email address
  • License plate state and license plate number
  • Make/brand of vehicle
  • Style (4-door, 2-door, SUV, hatchback, truck)
  • Exterior color


Classes and Grades

Q:  How do I update a student's grade from Incomplete (I) once they have submitted all necessary assignments?
A:  View instructions here

Q:  A student's grade was entered incorrectly and needs to be updated. What do I need to do?
A:  Ask Xoe for a Change of Grade form. You will need to know the student's name and student ID as well as the class information. Submit the form to Xoe when complete and she will save a copy for departmental records and submit the request to the Office of the Registrar.

Q:  How can my student grader obtain access to the class on Blackboard?
A:  Contact Blackboard Support at 785-864-2600 or blackboardsupport@ku.edu. Support hours: Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 5 PM.


Printing and other IT related FAQs

Q: Zoom and online teaching/learning Help
A:  Teaching, Learning, and Working Online (Website)
Blackboard resources for Instructors (website)
Zoom video Conferencing (website)
Blackboard resources for Students (website)

Q:  How can I get access to print?
A:  Faculty and graduate students are typically automatically set up to print. If you need assistance setting up the printer on your computer, contact IT

Q:  What is an MFD?
A:  MFD stands for Multifunctioning Device and is the centralized copy/printing/scanning machine.

Here's a list of MFD locations and who should be printing to them:
GEOGRAPHY/ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE Faculty and Graduate Students: Lindley 220 or Lindley 410
GEOLOGY Faculty: Ritchie 254
GEOLOGY Graduate Students: Ritchie 154

Q:  How do I print documents from my USB?
A:  Printing from USB does work, but the USB device connected to the MFD must be formatted using the FAT32 filesystem. By default, most flash drives will come with the NTFS filesystem, which is the format used for Windows drives, or APFS, which is used for Macs. Changing the format to FAT32 is simple, but most people will not think to do it, and the process does erase the contents of the drive. If you need assistance setting your computer up to print wirelessly to the MFD, contact IT. You can alternatively submit a Print Request form to have Welcome Center staff print it on your behalf.

Q:  Where can I get large posters printed?
A:  Jayhawk Ink offers a variety of printing services, including posters. Do NOT charge to a departmental account unless you have received permission to use department funds (or have other funds available through an advisor, grant, etc.). Those in Geology can use departmental paper to receive a discount if it is in stock at Jayhawk Ink (always call ahead to be sure!). If no paper is available, contact staff in the main office.

Q: How can I download software for my KU computer?
A: If you’re using a computer provided by the University, look for a preinstalled program called Software Center (if it’s a Windows PC) or Self Service (if it’s a Mac). Many common applications can be found here and downloaded at no cost. If you’re in need of a program that isn’t listed in Software Center or Self Service, please contact IT.

Q: How do I use the CVKey App on my iPhone?
A: Follow this link for a pdf of instructions


Q:  How can I figure out what all of the acronyms across campus stand for?
A:  View a comprehensive list here. If the acronym you're looking for is not listed, ask your staff contact.

Q: KU is tobacco free.  How do I report seeing someone using tobacco on campus?
A: Use this link to report tobacco violations: https://tobaccofree.ku.edu/reportuser

Q: Are animals allowed inside Lindley or the EEEC?
A: The short answer is no, but more details can be found via the KU Policy here (service dogs, research, etc). Most of us love animals, but we have to be respectful of others around us.  Some people are allergic and others are terrified of dogs.  However, we know life happens and if you occasionally NEED to bring your pet in, they should be restricted to your office space.  Pets are not allowed in classrooms or lab space.  Regardless of the animal's service designation, all animals must be well trained and well behaved if they are in the buildings.  Be sure to clean up any messes and have a doggy bag for their restroom breaks.  Keep the pet on a leash or smaller pets in a crate.  No pets with fleas and/or ticks.  If the staff or faculty start hearing that students are being affected, the KU policy of no pets will be strictly enforced. Pet owner assumes all responsibility for keeping the pet and those around the pet, safe.

If you wish to have an emotional support animal as a workplace accommodation, that process would need to start with Catherine Johnson in the ADA Resource Center for Equity & Accessibility.  

Q: Where is the Lost & Found?
A: If something is turned in to 'lost & found' it should be in either Lindley 215, or Ritchie 254.  Keys and IDs are turned over to the KU Public Safety Office.  Other items are only kept for 30 days before being turned over to Goodwill or trashed.  Because of the smell that comes from rotten food, lunch boxes need to be claimed within 24-48 hours.  After this, they are trashed.  

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today